Sunday, December 8, 2013

Introducing Mater Dei Catholic School

We are official!

Introducing . . . 


Our principal (Daddy!) reading the registration to the children

The North Carolina Department of Non-Public Education requires home schools register by the time the oldest child turns seven years old, so we recently chose our school name and registered it. In honor of the school name (Mater Dei means mother of God), we chose the nearest Marian feast day (the feast of the Immaculate Conception on December 8) to consecrate our school to the Our Lady.


We have a logo.

We have a motto: Ad Jesum Per Mariam, which means To Jesus Through Mary.


We have students and they have tee-shirts to wear.


We have a teacher and she has a coffee mug out of which to drink.


Introducing the teacher and her happy gang of variously aged students!

9 comments:

  1. Nice ideas! I've thought about names, etc. too but no one can ever agree on anything! I love your logo and gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! You're family is WAAAYYYY too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Chris are such geeks, it is quite endearing! I know you have been waiting and preparing for this moment since John was in the womb. Congratulations on your new school and spiffy swag items!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Faith: Yes, we are as geeky as the day is long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It's totally awesome. I still haven't done this...*ducks in shame*. They are going to come banging on my door soon. I am doing it this week.

    ReplyDelete