Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Happy Birthday to Chris!


I knew I would be at a one-day conference today (and Chris was sweet enough not to mind my absence), so yesterday I cooked (besides the chili) pork stir fry for Chris' birthday dinner tonight and a birthday cake. You cannot tell from the above photo but the cake was not fully cooked in the middle (even despite baking 45 minutes instead of the called-for 30). I decided not to fall into my typical black despair but just to frost the darned thing and we'd eat a couple slices before I throw away the rest. It really is quite a mystery to me why I have a nemesis in the oven. In our three-year marriage, we've had three ovens and I've had terrible troubles with all of them, so I'm starting to think that the common denominator is me, not the appliances.

1 comment: