Saturday, October 24, 2009

La Leche League Leadership

Yes, it's true! Today I became an official La Leche League leader! This has followed a year-long process of studies. I have wanted to become a leader since John was only a few months old, but the first requirement for leadership is to have nursed a baby for nine months. By the time John was about nine months old, Chris had changed employers and we knew we'd be moving to another state soon. It's very difficult to begin leadership accreditation in one state and switch midway, so I waited until we knew where we were moving. Then when we arrived in Charlotte I had to find a new LLL chapter I liked, then let those leaders get to know me before I could begin the accreditation. Last November 3 I officially filed to begin the process and nine days later gave birth to Mary, thus another half year of delay. But for the last six months I have worked very hard through various reading, writing, and practical exercises and now I am certified!

10 comments:

  1. Way to go! Here is my virtual hug to you {{}}! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I wish there was an LLL here, I'd go... back when I lived where there was one we were a 1 car family. Anyway... that's neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I remember those days of juggling babies and pregnancies and the certification process. Everyone takes a long time.

    You'll be a great Leader. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you! LLL Leaders make a huge difference in the health and growth of families every single day. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Katherine! I know you will help many young women...nursing was quite difficult for me and perhaps could have been made easier with the help of an understanding Leader. Love and God bless, mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you!!
    You'll be such a wonderful leader :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Katherine! I know you've been working towards this for awhile now. You'll be awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far behind! Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I'd love to pursue that one day.

    ReplyDelete