Friday, July 10, 2009

God's Music

After years of having it recommended to me, I am finally trying to do the daily Carmelite meditations of Divine Intimacy. The two-and-a-half pages of meditations should take 30 minutes or more, but for now my only goal is to read them once straight through with a toddler and baby playing at my feet. I am trying to teach John that when I have this big black book, I am praying and he needs to be quiet.

The first two mornings John did well and today was morning number three. He was banging two long Duplo pieces on a contraption built of other Duplo pieces and said he was "playing the drums." I asked him to be quiet and reminded him that I was praying. He said, "I am playing music drums for your prayers, Mama."

Let the "Duplo drums" join the history of Gregorian chant and hymns as music for God's glory!

2 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly funny to me because I remember when the boys were growing up and I would observe conscience development; they would often attach a positive spin on to a situation. So cute! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how children can put some things into a completely different perspective for us.

    ReplyDelete