Thursday, July 9, 2009

Matchbox Cars

John inherited a briefcase full of matchbox cars from his now-adult cousin Ethan. Add a couple of cars he already owned and the recent gift of a bright red garbage truck from Grampa Neil and this boy has one great collection! I should have taken a photo of the aftermath of this play session. John played quietly on his bed for well over half an hour (a long time for him) and spread the nearly 50 cars all over the place. What fun! (My husband does not think I'll be able to enforce the rule that the matchbox cars are to be put away after playing so that there aren't cars all over my house, underfoot and getting lost--resulting in tantrums as my two-year-old sends me to search high and low for just that one particular dump truck. We shall see if I can do it!)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can....I haven't been to yet.....(same words from my DH about trains). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh cars. Universal for boys as far as I've seen. Putting them away shouldn't be too bad. For us, the Legos are the killer!

    ReplyDelete