Thursday, April 13, 2023

April 2023 (the First Half!) in Review

Broadway Revue 2023

John, Mary, and Margaret had a wonderful time as part of 62 homeschoolers singing in Broadway Revue tonight! And can you believe that this is just a small portion of fellow Catholic homeschoolers here? We are blessed with such a thriving community!



Time Out

I am so grateful to be able to assign myself a Time Out for crabby behavior. We are off of homeschooling this week so I scheduled a bunch of appointments, which is needful but I’m unaccustomed to go-go-go! This morning I left the house at 7:30 a.m. and came back in between various appointments and errands, only being home about 30 minutes at a time. My house looks like an absolute bomb went off, which I guess is what happens without a motherly presence to keep order. Nothing on my mile-long to-do list got done, I have no idea how I will make a dent in it tonight before tomorrow’s new set of demands, but I know I’d better sit alone outside for awhile. “Father Elijah” has been recommended by so many and I’m finally going to try to read it.


The End of an Era

Apparently I thought my six kids would want to hunt for Easter eggs . . . Forever? . . . But this is the year a couple of them are too old. Sniff, sniff.


Easter Celebrations 2023











Egg hidden on the roof

Egg hidden in the pool



Lake Lure for Easter Octave

We spent the last few Easter octave days with Pop-Pops in a wonderful cabin at Lake Lure. It was refreshing to have a slower pace and relax. Thank you so much for this gift, Keith Lauer!














Lake Lure Flowering Bridge (Botanical Gardens)


Botanical Gardens






































Chimney Rock









Ice Cream at Lake Lure



Saying Goodbye




No comments:

Post a Comment