Thursday, October 10, 2013

Joseph Crawls!

Joseph is crawling at eight months and three weeks old! (And he has cut three teeth.)

Thrilled to have crawled his way to the dishwasher





Joseph is my oldest baby to achieve mobility. Perusing my old records showed me that:

  • John was crawling by 6-1/2 months, pulling up and cruising by 7-1/2 months
  • Mary was crawling by 7 months
  • Margaret still wasn't crawling by 7 months, but by 8 months was not only crawling but was creeping up stairs, pulling up and cruising, and rising to stand on her own!


4 comments:

  1. Big milestone! I have early movers too...crawling/standing record is five months with climbing (the organ!) by seven. Current little guy was crawling/pulling up at six months which is more reasonable. No climbing quite yet, though he stands at the bottom of the stairs and laughs, lol. I don't mind the delay!

    We have five teeth over here over the last six weeks, and nights have been rough! How is Joseph handling it? My memory is hazy, but I think #4 might be my "hardest" teether. Even though he wasn't the youngest to get teeth (that was my first), he is getting them the fastest. He was my best sleeper until teething started. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney: Joseph is so calm and cheerful, he gave me no indications he was teething at all! I was completely clueless. One or two of my babies were really hard teethers and I'd know for two weeks prior to each tooth, with crying all the time and wretched sleep. Boy, this chill-out kind of baby is a nice treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, my first was like that. I remember wondering when he'd get his two-year molars, and when I stuck my finger in his mouth, they were in!

    This baby is definitely easy-going, except for wakeful nights with teething. His name means "happy," and he always is. My only crib sleeper (puts himself to sleep!), and self-entertaining since day one. I almost never wear him since he's always liked to be down with his brothers. My husband can even put him to bed! He's been very into solids since six months... It's a very odd change. I call him my "mainstream baby."

    ReplyDelete