Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chidlren's Theatre 2013-14

Today marked our first children's theatre performance of the 2013-14 season! I enjoy theatre so much and the opportunity to go with our homeschool group is a great way to procure inexpensive tickets ($6 each).


Learning to dress nicely for the theatre

The girls' new smocked dresses are from a company I just discovered and would like to recommend: Remember Nguyen. The company employs Vietnamese seamstresses in a good environment and makes fine, classic clothing. Right now they're having a bin sale at which I got the above dresses for only $10 each (80% discount)!




Children under three may not enter the theatre, so I kept Margaret and Joseph in the library, which is in the same building. We mamas with tiny tots stayed in the children's play area, with some moms watching little ones for other moms who went in and supervised the older children. It is a cooperative effort that works well!

We bought tickets for four productions this year and I'm excited to attend the rest!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love those clothes! Have my eye on some items for church next spring. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I must have missed the ticket announcement. Is it too late?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hafsa: The children saw "Balloonacy," which, apparently, was a delightful little pantomime about a lonely old man and a balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priscilla: I bet you are too late to get in at the group rate, but I'll forward you the email.

    ReplyDelete