Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Birthday, Chris! 2013

On Thursday we celebrated Chris' birthday.

The night before I sat down to wrap his gifts when I realized I couldn't access the wrapping paper because it was under the bed where the baby was sleeping . . . and I don't wake a sleeping baby unless I have to! I found a role of plain drawing paper and used that to wrap. Then I thought I should decorate it . . . and clearly I was punch-drunk with tired or I'm around small children too much (like, 24/7) because I made the below little reindeer-alien creature for a grown man in his 40s.

And John wrapped one of his gifts in a sock, which is just like what a 6-year-old boy would do.


Breakfast out at a dinner to celebrate Daddy's birthday

Chris and I knew we'd be out for dinner, leaving the children with no chance to eat birthday dessert, so I made a pan of chocolate chip bars for us to eat after lunch.

A flaming heart of candles


Then in the evening, we were off to the annual fundraising banquet for Room at the Inn (now branded as MiraVia)! It is very enjoyable to have an opportunity to dress up and go somewhere fancy but where nursing babies are entirely welcome.

Unlike Margaret at the 2011 banquet who cried so loudly that I paced the halls with her most of the evening, Joseph--true to his mild personality so far--cried once for about one minute, fell asleep peacefully in my sling, and was a joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment