Friday, January 11, 2013

First Self-Haircut


Mary was missing from her bed when I checked on her and John upon my turning in for the night.

The blazing bathroom light led me to discover that the sink was full of Mary-colored hair.

Mary was located snoring peacefully on the floor of the master bedroom.

She had cut herself bangs: her first bangs since I was growing out her hair as a one-year-old. This morning we had a talk about how ladies have to take care of their hair and never cut it themselves. 

Thankfully, the natural punishment is worse than anything I could devise for her: Already Mary has discovered that she is extremely bothered by having bangs fluff in her face and eyes. She is compulsively trying to brush them away. She tried using a barrette (which was cute), but she really dislikes the feel of barrettes. Looks like the little hairdresser will be bothered by the results of her decision for months to come, which I hope is enough deterrent!

Nesting Watch 2013: Yesterday, I organized the two-month supply of paper products, vacuumed (since it had been all of two days and there was a mote of dust on the carpet), and redecorated the upstairs bathroom in a more modern black, silver, and white theme. And then I collapsed and produced a typically pathetic third-trimester dinner of frozen chicken nuggets, boxed mac-and-cheese, and frozen broccoli. It's really too bad I can't do it all, but I just can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment