Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday Weekend in Atlanta

We haven't traveled to visit Chris' parents in Atlanta in months, mainly because of my feeling so yucky with pregnancy. But finally at six months along, I'm in that short window of suffering a tolerable amount of discomfort before it gets rough again. I wanted us to make a jaunt to Atlanta when I could because Chris' parents have been so generous to travel to us over and over again--Chris' birthday weekend seemed like great timing!

*****

Humorous announcement by John when he emerged from Quiet Time on Saturday afternoon:

Mama: "John, what are you doing out of Quiet Time?"

John (deadpan): "Mama, Mary got out of bed and brought me a dead cockroach. I told her to wash her hands."

*****

While in Atlanta, a super, professional children's photographer (aka my sister-in-law) did a photo session of our children.









Best photo! Only genuine smile one of our children gave! 





Then when I was inside and all the cousins were playing together outside, my poor boy did a face plant in the drive way involving a skate board (can I tell you how much I hate those things?), leaving me to wonder if I am a wretched mother for being grateful it happened an hour after the photo shoot. Below is a photo of my firstborn, sleeping peacefully with the Lambie he has had since he was born, sporting a bandaged road rash and bruise.



Saturday evening we celebrated Chris' birthday with a wonderful dinner made by his mother and cake. Humorous comment made by Mary (almost 4) as birthday cake was being served:

Mama: "Chris, hand me a sliver for the baby so she'll stop screaming."

Mary (shocked): "A sliver! Mama, I don't think you mean to give a real sliver to the baby. I think you mean a piece of cake that looks like a sliver."


After Mass on Sunday, we had the chance to visit with the children's godparents, which is always a joy and too-short. Following was brunch, one more visit with Chris' brother's family, packing up, and driving home. The drive which takes one adult three-and-a-half hours took us six hours and six separate stops, getting us straggling home at 10:00 p.m. Phew!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip~ except for the face plant. Just wait until they can master tricks on skateboards. You will be really impressed and sick to your stomach at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! Your sister-in-law did a great job! And poor John on his face plant. I hope he's ok. Your poor family is having one injury after another. I'm so sorry! I know how those long car rides go...there no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are wonderful! John has a great smile, and I love the girls' dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sweet photos. I especially like the one of the kiddos with their Grandparents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the one of John smiling! And the postcard/collage is nice.

    ReplyDelete