Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Kids' Lunch


Last rainy Wednesday, my friend Mari called me and invited us to join her and her kiddos for simple pizza lunch at Cici's one mile away. It is so fun having parish friends who live in the neighborhood right across the road from us! We can get together so spontaneously! As you can imagine, our kids all had a grand time and my Mary told me later, "Mama, I loved going to lunch today."

Bonus Reading: "Worth Doing Badly" about a mother trying to find time for routine prayer in her life. This article reminds me of a joke about two Jesuit priests who wanted to smoke and pray at the same time, so agreed that each would ask the superior for permission. One priest asked and was denied permission. So when he later saw the other priest smoking and praying at the same time, he said, "The superior told me 'no' when I asked if I could smoke while I prayed, so why did he give you permission?" The answer: "You see, I asked if I could pray while I smoked."

No comments:

Post a Comment