Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sources of Catholic Homilies Online

I enjoy and find it very edifying to listen to excellent homilies by Catholic priests while I cook in the kitchen, so I make time to do that several times per week. My computer is on the kitchen counter and we've hooked up little speakers to it to increase the volume. I certainly benefit from good Catholic teaching and I can feel confident that nothing will be said that is inappropriate for my children to overhear, since the homily was written to be spoken in Mass, in front of people of all ages. (It's very hard/risky for me to listen to talk radio with the kids around, I save watching any television till they are asleep, and I've given up regular popular music from the radio even for my own self.)

I'd like to share some online sources of what I think are some of the best Catholic homilies online. If anyone would like to offer other websites for the list, please let me know and I will try to keep this post updated (and available in my side bar).

Maria Lectrix is a source of Catholic audio books online.

Last updated 23 February 2017

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion! I first listened to a homily one evening as I was cleaning up after the kids had gone to bed. I really enjoyed listening to something to help my faith besides my own thoughts. Then I tried listening to one again the other day while the kids were up... As soon as they heard something on the computer they came running! Then as soon as they realized there was no video, they started jabbering. Meanwhile, the priest is talking about "Surrender to Divine Providence" and I'm yelling, "HEY! I'm trying to LISTEN!" and then the kids run off to the next room to play and Simon gets hurts - TWICE and comes back in the kitchen bawling loudly each time... and meanwhile I am thinking of the irony of it all, but frustrated nonetheless with the fact that I couldn't listen and devote my attention to an enriching homily... hahahaha! Do you think I can be excused from the message of the homily because I couldn't hear it? :)

    Well, I will try try again! (both listening and executing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The benefit of audio versions of the catholic books is that you can enjoy it even at the kitchen cooking your favorite meals. Like you, I also love listening to homilies by Catholic priests. These great digital audio books can be bought from Church Supply Store at very cheap price. You can visit it to get more catholic goods if you like.

    Regards,
    Brano Willis

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these links - thank you!!! Do you have any idea what happened to Romans 10:17? My husband and I have been devouring them but they haven't been posting any ones from this past year. Are his homilies elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might like to link to our daily reflection on the Mass readings at https://www.associationofcatholicpriests.ie/

    ReplyDelete