Friday, July 15, 2011

Snapshot of Motherhood

I found these three things in my hand and it made me pause (and chuckle):


Mama's prayer journal (containing favorite prayers, prayer requests and intentions, scripture quotations)

A kitchen timer ("Please, children. I want five minutes to pray. Can you be sweet for five minutes? Don't misbehave so I have to interrupt my praying, okay? Please, five minutes?")

A wet diaper (because I'm usually changing some body's diaper, including in the midst of praying--gives me opportunities to try to "pray unceasingly," as St. Paul says, to turn all works into prayer)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I just went to pick up registered mail at the post office, and I pulled out of my bag a little toy truck. I love such grace filled moments- really takes us back to what our vocation is and how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete