Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Hot Outdoors

Renewed personal efforts to cut back on TV (we've had a few days with no TV lately!) resulted today in the children playing with a stick: they made a seesaw that really worked!


Mary runs around barefoot. I remember as a child in the summers developing tough calloused feet, almost like I had my own natural pair of "shoes."


"Look, Mama, Margaret is wearing my hat!"




She smiles and coos these days--so fun!


Mary becomes more tan with the passing sunny days, seeming to have the Italian skin coloring from Daddy's side.


John, on the other hand, has my porcelain skin and doesn't tan, only flushes bright red and sweats! (I have to be careful about him in the heat.)


Who is that big boy and where did my baby John go?

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the picture of Margaret in the hat with eyes so big!

    ReplyDelete