Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hot Enough for You?

It was about 98 degrees outside with a humidity somewhere nearing 100%. So, of course, my children decided the game of the day was to dress up as Arctic explorers, layering on as much cold weather clothing from the coat closet as possible. I was upstairs cleaning and came down to have Mary tell me, "Shhh, John is sleeping!"

I went to investigate and found him dressed in Arctic gear, underneath a blanket, seemingly asleep on the hard train table. I thought the kids were playing one of their many jokes on me, so I played along until I realized he really was asleep! He slept on his board for the next two hours.

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the saints who slept without mattresses as a form of self-mortification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's adorable. I couldn't handle the 98 degrees outside part... :-O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think if you take away his mattress, leaving him to sleep on the box spring and turn the heat way up in his room, he'll sleep longer for you??? I seem to have it in my head that he's an early riser... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine: Yesterday afternoon I was working outside with the kids and I couldn't see. Everything was blurry and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that the sweat was pouring down my face so much, it was a sheet of water down my eyes!

    ReplyDelete