Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Immaculate Mary" in Stereo



Mary knows the lyrics to quite a few songs and has this week added "Immaculate Mary" to her repertoire. She learned it straight from John, as it is his favorite song and he sings it often.

[Editors Note: John used to love this song, however, he hasn't sung it for a year or so... in the last couple weeks the wise father of the family has been drilling with both John and Mary in order to foster this very thing now that his daughter is starting to sing songs.]

In fact, this morning, when Mary woke me for the day at five by snuggling next to me and singing "Ave Maria" over and over, I reflected that this was a very sweet moment in life.


After breakfast, I was able to capture both kids singing "Immaculate Mary" with full vigor. I think Mary's voice is mostly drowned out by John's, but I kept trying to move the camera so you could at least see her mouth moving.

[Editors Update: Katherine just called me from the store, to ask me a question, and the children were shouting this 'U-mmaculate Mary' song for the entire store to enjoy. I imagine that much of the cuteness of this song has worn off for Katherine :-)]

6 comments:

  1. You-mmaculate Mary! LOL

    Your house is so clean! If I took a video and my kids ran to another room I probably wouldn't follow them because I'd have cleared up just that first spot they were in to have a neat looking space for a video. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, we've been singing this exact song all morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Faith: Thanks! But I can't take much credit. First of all, Chris had treated me to an extra visit from the house cleaners while I was in Nebraska, so I came home to a spotless house. Second, the video was taken first thing in the morning before the kids had played with any toys. I still put away all toys at the end of the day when they're asleep, so we wake up to a neat house. I know I can't keep that up forever if babies keep coming, but I do it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment about Chris' edit: Yes, the kids sang "Immaculate Mary" at the top of their lungs all the way through Target. I thought it was hilarious to hear them singing about "Jesus our king" so clearly. But also kind of embarrassing. John is starting to learn a quiet voice, but Mary is nowhere near that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure fellow shoppers much prefer loud singing to loud tantrums from kids of similar ages in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love U-mmaculate Mary. And I think it's great they sang thru Target. I heard yesterday about a huge group of people showing up at Macy's in Philadelphia and just randomly singing Handel's Messiah. Apparently, they just mingled and spread out through the crowd like they were shoppers and started singing.

    ReplyDelete