Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Student Desks

How charming are these little school desks?! A local school liquidated its desks, so they were being advertised for sale for $5 each. Cannot beat that price! Today we drove out to the warehouse, met a lovely lady, and purchased four.

We put one in Chris' office because sometimes he watches a child for me, setting him up with a drawing project while Chris is on a conference call, while I run an errand with the other child.

We put the other three desks up in the bonus room, which will probably be the school room (what school isn't done at the kitchen table anyway). John said we should get a desk for the new baby who is coming. I think it is so interesting and sweet that he thinks of the new baby and mentions him (or her) every so often, since Chris and I truly don't talk about the baby in front of the kids. Obviously, it's on John's mind.


6 comments:

  1. 5 dollars!!! How do you beat that??? I would have purchased more and stored them in the garage, just in case I have 10 kids... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great and John looks so cute sitting at his. What an awesome deal too because they look in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna: I decided to stick with four desks because they are the small size that is supposed to fit up through about third grade. So I figured that, at this pace, I probably won't have more than four kids before the oldest is too big for this set of desks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Katherine, very true. I didn't think about that. :)

    ReplyDelete