Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Climber

Mary is ever more of a climber. I was washing dishes when she crawled over and climbed right onto the dishwasher door, like she was a pro doing the same old, same old. (Yes, honey, I know that 20+ pounds of weight on the door is bad for it, so I snapped this photo and took Mary off.) The other day Mary crawled almost all the way up the stairs the first time I let her try, with me right behind her. She made it to the final three steps, looked backward, decided she was a bit too high, and reached out her arms for Mama to rescue her. Still, that's a bit different than John who was fighting me tooth and nail rather than learn how to crawl up stairs when he was about 18 months old and I was pregnant and too tired to keep carrying him!

This is the first photo taken with my new (actually, refurbished for half price) iPhone. I'm really not sure I'm cool enough of a human being to own an iPhone, what with my matronly clothes covered in spit up and food detritus, hippie sandals, and two small children, one of whom is usually in a sling. No, I'm pretty sure that I'm not cool enough to join the iPhone crowd, so please don't rat me out lest they take away my totally awesome new phone (which is basically a tiny computer I can take with me anywhere)!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute girl! :)

    And allow me to welcome you to the wonderful world of the iPhone. You will find that you will no longer be able to live without the thing!! I know mine's never far from me. :) I, as well as a few other people we know, could probably recommend some neat apps for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben loves his iPhone. I, on the other hand, still have the same cell phone I had in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I just got an iPhone a couple months ago, and I'm in love with it. Such a handy gadget when you're busy chasing a baby (or two) around. I'm kind of hooked on the Whole Foods recipe app--you can enter what food items you have on hand, and it'll give you some recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that Whole Foods one is really good. And next thing you know, you'll get set up on Facebook and install the FB app on your iPhone so you can post your status on an hourly basis. :)

    ReplyDelete