Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday

Today Chris took John "trundling and bumpling" to a construction site.






Yes, Ashley, those overalls are the hand-me-downs from your boys!




John is talking up a storm, not just full sentences, but complete monologues. Last night he said something that impressed me, even if it wasn't particularly funny. I had gone to a homeschooling conference with Mary and then Chris had driven there to drop off John before Chris left for an evening of Liturgy and Lager. As Chris and I parted ways for the evening, John told me (correctly): "Daddy is going to a restaurant and we are going home. He went left and we went right." I know John had a 50% chance of being right on the directions, but I'm impressed that he understands that directions exist at all. It's rather fun for me to be so amazed about child development the first time around!

Mary turns eight months old tomorrow. Today she added broccoli to her list of foods. I just cut the soft part off the broccoli I was eating and she gobbled it up. Today John started teaching her signs, since he observes me doing it. I'm almost positive Mary understands the signs for NURSING, EAT, and MORE (although she doesn't differentiate EAT and MORE, but knows they both have to do with food).





Mary is crawling so well now. When I leave the room now, she crawls after me right away and usually cries (although she isn't crying in this video, in which I'm in the bathroom brushing teeth with John). She has learned how to crawl up one stair step and wants to do more!

1 comment:

  1. He's precious!! I love overalls without t-shirts on little boys!

    When I got to Mary's picture, I was only able to see her eyes and the bridge of her nose. I immediately thought of your mom who I don't know and have only seen pictures of on your blog. Her eyes are always dancing and smiling, and Mary has her same dancing, smiling eyes!!! :)

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete