Saturday, June 27, 2009

Luggage Tag

I'm rather anxious that John will get lost at the airport. He is old enough to bolt but too young to identify himself and seek help from authorities. I was one step away from writing with Sharpie pen on his skin his name and phone number.

Instead I made a luggage tag for him. I attached it to the rear belt loop of his pants, then stuck the tag into his rear pocket, which closes with Velcro. John hasn't even noticed that he has a luggage tag affixed to him.

Now I can breathe easier and focus all my nervous energy on other fiascoes of travel!

1 comment:

  1. We tried the luggage tag on the belt loop thing for Emma during one of our Disney trips, but its bulk kept bothering her. I ended up finding some waterproof, disposable labels online. We had her name and our cell phone numbers printed on them, and they go around her wrist (sort of like those wrist bands you get at concerts), and they are very difficult to take off (I was worried she'd remove it). So we use those now for our trips. The website isn't working right now, but if you are interested, I'll send it to you.

    Another friend of mine didn't like that they were disposable, so she ended up getting those little terry cloth sports wristbands and sewed in a name/number label for her kids, and they worked out great during our March Disney trip together (her kids are a few years older and not so prone to remove "bracelets").

    Just a couple other ideas for down the road...

    ReplyDelete