Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cousin Sophia's Birthday Party

Today we enjoyed attending Cousin Sophia's second birthday party. Initially I dressed John in this cute ensemble:


Then Chris and I noticed we were wearing matching colors, so I changed John to match us as well. Chris says that all we need now is a family theme song, a la the Partridge family. (I was wearing a red skirt and Chris was wearing blue pants, which you cannot see in the photo.)



And, yes, my shirt is covered in stains. Apparently spit-up can leave permanent marks. Normal spit-up doesn't seem to do so, but when John has had big spit-ups, those stain my shirts. In fact, he ruined four of my new shirts before I figured out what was going on. I only have about six shirts that fit after pregnancy, most of them new, and now most of them covered in stains. I keep them to wear around the house, but today I failed to notice I was wearing a ruined shirt until viewing this photo. Lovely. One wonders if I even looked in a mirror. I guess that's motherhood for you. Being a frazzled-looking basket case.

4 comments:

  1. what have you tried to get them out? stains can still come out even if they are semi-set if you are persistent. try enzyme-based pre-treats, or vinegar. Start soaking/pre treating as soon as you take them off even if it will be a few days before you wash it. Eventually it should help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squirt some Grease Relief on the stains, rub it in, let it sit for a bit, and re-wash. Even clothing that has gone through the dryer benefits from grease relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just spray or pour it on. it works for fruit or wine. when dealing with stains think "homeopathic." ammonia for pee, vinegar for fruit, etc...

    ReplyDelete