Friday, October 8, 2021

Fall Break 2021

We had a week off of school, although we did not take the opportunity to do any big adventures. Having just flown to Buffalo, we were ready to relax at home!

Thomas received a new police officer costume, so he's been patrolling the grounds all week, keeping us safe . . . 


"Mama, I was trying to look very serious."

One day, I took the children to Lineberger's Farm to pick Muscatine grapes and pumpkins.




We had four doctors' appointments, hosted one very fun play date, and had the usual hockey, Fidelis, and music lessons.

Much planning is going into Thomas's upcoming surgery and much writing is going into the book I'm trying to write for him. The silver lining to insomnia is that I have extra time for these pursuits. I planted our fall pansies, ornamental peppers, and ferns, as well as organized compulsively as a therapeutic for my anxiety. At least it's productive.


1 comment:

  1. Offering up your family as my mass intention this morning. I know so much of the life/death craziness surrounding Thomas has passed, but I imagine that can feel even more isolating when you're going through a less dire, but still rough patch, no? <3

    ReplyDelete