Tuesday, August 4, 2020

McDowell Nature Preserve


Today I took us on a little adventure to get us off of our own property but also keep us safe while Thomas's immune system is probably at its nadir. We visited McDowell Nature Preserve and took the half-mile wheelchair-accessible hike in case Thomas tuckered out and needed to ride in a stroller. I noted that the big loop trail off of this one was such hard-packed crushed gravel that we could have driven the stroller there, too.


It has been so hard for me to find ways for us to get a change of scenery for these children because of concerns with exposing Thomas to germs. This week I'm feeling eager to research places around town that are outdoors and uncrowded and, therefore, would be quite safe.


I haven't yet arranged an actual play date, but I'd like to do that. There are ill effects to never socializing with friends as well: my children have played with friends three times in five months. That lack is starting to have a real negative effect.














1 comment:

  1. Proof once again that gifts do not have to cost alot. Here, an attentive, thinking mother provides a wonderful nature walk and exploration and all family members can enjoy.

    A reprieve of shade and leaf on this via dolorosa. Thanks be do God.

    ReplyDelete