Monday, July 2, 2018

The Real Step 1: Devising a Mission Statement

The real first step to designing a homeschool curriculum, which I forgot to post first, is to design a Mission Statement for your family.

I felt that last year, our family lacked balance, so I am trying to make balance among many goods the central goal of our family this year.

Balance among . . .
  • Work and Chores
  • Prayer
  • Academics and Music
  • Health
    • Exercise
    • Sunshine
    • Leisure
    • Socializing
Once I have a Mission Statement, which my husband approves of, then I proceed ahead choosing curriculum, signing up for outside commitments, designing our schedule, and writing our lesson plans while making sure my design does not conflict with my Mission Statement.




2 comments:

  1. I randomly could not sleep last night, and linked to your blog through This ain’t the Lyceum. I read your last post...and then became curious why you were thinking about leaving the blogosphere.

    Much to my surprise, your blog was exactly what I needed! My husband and I recently starting attending the Latin Mass, and this year will begin my second year homeschooling a preschooler with Mother of Divine Grace. I feel very inept at homeschooling after having had a difficult year last year (a difficult pregnancy, thankfully a healthy newborn, and then the death of my dear Mother in law). I really want to do better and you have so many resources to look at...especially with the Latin Mass!

    I panicked last night thinking you would close your blog before I could learn from your experience! What a relief when I woke up (with the intent to encourage you), and you had decided to continue.

    I write this as another confirmation that what you are doing is helpful. ��. And I have no doubt that my finding your blog when I did was Divine Providence (hopefully for both of us!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that comment! Good luck Rachel! You will find much help here.

    ReplyDelete