Friday, February 3, 2012

Mama Bear? Try Mama Shark!


Well, I guess now I can rest assured to know how I would react if I thought there were a Bad Guy in the house when I was woken in the pitch black night by a door slamming loudly enough to make the house shake and my three-year-old daughter screaming continuously in terror from downstairs.

(Rest assured that there was no Bad Guy: only a confused little girl who did not check to see whether her special clock had turned green before wandering downstairs in the dark of night when she thought it was morning. And here I am because apparently that kind of adrenaline rush does not dissipate fast enough for a mother to have any hope of falling back to sleep.)

5 comments:

  1. Same thing here last night, except it was an adult neighbor screaming (as if in pain) and slamming a car door at 4:15am. I about peed my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. There must be something going around. Last night, we were awoked at 3:30 am by the sounds of little boys playing downstairs!! Granted, it was not as scary as a child screaming, but we weren't expecting to hear our boys conversing with one another at that hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: Oh boy! So, did the boys wake up and think it was early morning darkness and okay to go downstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not totally sure... but upon interrogation it seems that it was not that they thought it was time to get up, but rather there was a new toy in the house that was just too irresistable for them to stay in bed and wait until morning to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long did it take you to calm down after that one??? Whew!!!!

    ReplyDelete