Thursday, April 16, 2020

Self-Isolation Day #34

Easter Thursday, Self-Isolation Day #34


We appreciate continued prayers for my husband's mother D. who was on a ventilator in ICU with confirmed COVID-19 for 16 days and is now starting what is a serious and challenging rehabilitation. 


Months ago, I had signed up the two girls for a three-hour class in Botanical Drawing at the UNC Botanical Gardens. I was pleased when it was announced a couple of weeks ago that the class would continue via a Zoom meeting. The instructor even mailed each participant the art supplies. We collected the list of specimens from our property.










John also played around today with his photography in the garden: so beautiful!

Credit: JFL

Credit: JFL


It was a day of math, music practice, organizing the garage, hunting down all the poison ivy in our back yard in order to eradicate it, playing board games, and drinking Easter octave milkshakes. 

4 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying reading your daily isolation posts so much. Your family is an inspiration to me. I'm still praying for D. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say, LeighAnna, and I appreciate it! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. As you are doing a lot of posting on COVID-19, I thought I would share this link that my brother posted:

    http://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

    It has quite a bit of data and shows where each country or state is in terms of flattening the curve and how each one is doing regarding hospital beds, ICU beds and ventilators. (Ventilators would be a subsection of ICU beds because you need constant staff to have ventilation.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a super interesting website, Jen! Thanks for sharing. Your brother must have a lot of training in statistical analysis and the computer programs that project all that. What source does he like to use to get his data? I know there are many sources out there and people say this one or that one is more reliable.

      Delete