Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Joseph Turns Five!

Our sweet Joseph Anthony turned five! Our tiniest baby who dropped below six pounds after he was born, our only child who ever had curls, our precious Josey!

He came running down the stairs in his pajamas in the wee hours of the morning exclaiming, "I'm five! I'm five! I'm five!"


Chris and John had gotten home in time to have our birthday breakfast with us. Newly five Joseph was having a bit of a meltdown because "Nobody gave me a job on my birthday!" Normally the children don't thrill to their chores so, for his birthday, I had not made Joseph do his normal morning chores, and then he threw a tantrum of sadness about it!

Opening gifts after breakfast






We were racing against the clock to get through birthday breakfast and gifts, as the local movers showed up at 9:00 to help us with furniture. It was a bustle and blur until the children and I departed at 10:45 (Chris was all too glad to get us out from underfoot!) to go to . . .


. . . "Mr. Popper's Penguins" at the local children's theater! I was out in the lobby with the two littlest ones.


Then we headed to lunch (staying out of the movers' way longer), then home to move more furniture ourselves, then enjoyed birthday cake!


It was One Memorably Nutty Birthday, that's for sure. Happy Birthday to Joseph!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Joseph! What a big 5 year old to want to do his chores!! The pictures of the siblings celebrating their brother are just precious. Many blessings for this special #5 year.

    ReplyDelete