Sunday, November 8, 2015

Nebraska: Day Three

Travel Diary

On Sunday the baby woke me at 5:15, so he was already down for his first nap of the day when I went downstairs around 7:00 for coffee and quiet reading with the family.

After breakfast, Aunt Erica and I went to church at St. Francis of Assisi, an oratory of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. I haven't been that recollected during Mass in I-don't-know-how-long, which was lovely. The church itself is a particularly gorgeous one, so I snapped a few photos (in overexposed lighting) after Mass.
























Chris and his parents are holding down the fort at home, with the worst 'injury' so far that John got ahold of the wine bottle vacuum sealer and unintentionally gave his chin a hickey.

Goofy face for Mama

The afternoon was spent decorating for Grandpa's fĂȘte.





We enjoyed a delicious meal of sausages, vegetable chowder, and cornbread. Grandpa received many, many fun cards!


















Thomas slept on Mama through the celebration until the party horns went off!

Baby has been working on growing his extra fat rolls on neck, arms, and thighs.

What a special gift and opportunity to be at my grandfather's eighty-fifth birthday celebration this has been! On Monday I fly home, so please pray for us to have safe and easy travels.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to still have your grandparents. I think its great that you went to see them. How I wish I still had mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...a chin hickey!?!?! Kids do the craziest things!

    ReplyDelete