Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Meeting Our Goddaughter

I had been trying to go meet our new goddaughter since she was, oh, about four hours old.

But this, that, and the other thing kept preventing me from dashing over to the hospital a mile and a half from our house to hold that itty bitty girl. Imagine my delight this afternoon when Chris had left to go on a few errands and my friend called . . . she and her husband were on their way home from the first pediatrician check-up and the husband was graciously willing to swing by our house so I could come out to the car to meet the baby. They were just at the drugstore, getting something, and would be by in a few minutes.


Before my friend pulled into my driveway, the above picture popped into my email in box. Oh! Oh, that expression on my husband's face says it all, right?!

Chris had been out doing his own errands and recognize our friends' van at the corner drug store, so he pulled in specifically to meet the baby first and document the evidence. Bah!


But I got my just deserts! When our friends arrived to visit a few minutes later, I got to hold the baby first. And we all know that the baby imprints best on the first godparent who actually holds her.


And just to be sure that she loves me lots, after getting all our own children asleep, I drove over to our friends' house and held the baby for another hour. Squeezy squishy baby! I'm in love . . .

3 comments:

  1. What can I say Katherine, he was brought up with 4 brothers. Congratulations to Mary and Josh. Love MIL

    ReplyDelete