Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eighth Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday Chris and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary!

January 28, 2006 at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, Sacramento, California

We had hired a babysitter, intending to go on a dinner date with Joseph in tow. But we decided to stay home for our dinner date for two reasons: "snowmageddon" hit and the night before I had gone out with Joseph to a priest's reflection for womenonly to discover that he's reached the age of no longer being easily portable at night. Suddenly I envisioned a baby screaming at a nice restaurant, which would not make a very relaxing evening for anyone.

Mama, Daddy, and Baby eating dinner quietly

Wonderful dad that he is, Chris immediately suggested a great solution: We kept our sweet babysitter and enjoyed an at-home date! We ordered our new favorite Italian food for delivery while the babysitter kept the kids fed and occupied in the rest of the house, so we could eat in peace. Eating dinner quietly with each other and having one night off of the children's bedtime routine was worth every penny to us! Then we even watched a movie together . . . well, half a movie, which is about all of a movie we can get through before our eyelids are drooping.



The traditional gift for the eighth anniversary is, I have learned, bronze, so I bought Chris a twelve-inch, bronze statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, to which he has a devotion, and, you know, heart equals love. I'm so pleased that he liked it tremendously . . . and that I'm married to a man who would like such a gift.

I am undeservedly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hafsa: You know what? Chris' gift to me was so luxurious that I felt I couldn't share it without being too braggadocios! It was very thoughtful.

    The movie was "The Way Home." It was a clean movie with decent plot line, but the acting was way sub-par.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1252507/

    ReplyDelete