Monday, July 15, 2013

Matching Summer Nightgowns

The new summer nightgowns are finished!


Soft knit, elastic instead of buttons, even a toddler can put them on . . . my kind of nightgowns!

 

The question of when on earth to get any sewing accomplished continues. You know when I've recently discovered is a pretty decent use of time for me? During bedtime routine when certain small people keep leaping out of bed, tattling on each other ("so and so is out of bed!"), and refusing to fall asleep such that I have to stay upstairs and play bedtime cop anyway! I can sew right there in the guest room, within eyes and ears of the rascally munchkins. Think how much sewing I can get done when--like last night--it takes an hour and a half past bedtime for the children finally to stay in their beds and fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Your nightgowns are so darling!! Do you make your own patterns??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! It's a modified pattern. The pattern is for a peasant dress, but I use knit fabric, I lengthen the sleeve and hem, and I shirr only the waist and instead use encased elastic for the sleeves and neckline.

    ReplyDelete