Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Storm

During dinner, the light changed to an eerie grey and the leaves began shaking in the wind, so we knew a storm was brewing. It hit as I was washing dishes. Chris suggested that we might enjoy sitting in the screened-in sun room while praying our rosary during the summer storm.

Holding her rosary and getting misted through the screen from the pounding deluge of rain

John was holding Joseph for me.

Flash of lightening! Boom of thunder!

Margaret skittered over and crawled into my lap.


Flash! BOOM!

Joseph began crying so I scooped him up.


Buh-BOOM!!!

Mary ran to join me and snuggled in tight.


BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Yup, that is genuine terror on the two-year-old's face.

And then Margaret burst into wailing tears, so we bustled them inside to pray in the perceived safety of our four walls.

3 comments:

  1. I love these action pictures! You all were very brave to sit on your screened in porch during last nights storm. It took me by surprise, and I kept telling the kids to stay away from the windows. At one point the thunder was so loud that Caleb began crying. Must have been the same one that startled Margaret. But what a great atmosphere for praying the rosary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with your arms full of babies!
    I love summer storms (well, not the kind we've had here in OK, but the gentler kind), and one of my fondest childhood memories is sitting on the front porch with my dad during a rainstorm. We would turn the porch light off, sit on the porch swing, and enjoy the falling rain and cool breezes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally drove through a tornado, hustling the kids home from their cancelled swim meet, on the same day as your storms. Same system I am sure!

    ReplyDelete