Friday, June 14, 2013

So Long, Tree

Today I made popovers for tea time. Based on the positive reaction, it is possible this is the first time I've made popovers for the children. John asked me, "Mama, would make these again tomorrow? Would you write on the board, 'MAKE POPOVERS'?" See, if it's on the white board, it's really official.


We had a tree fatally cracked apart during tornado warnings and storms a few days ago (not yesterday's storm that scared Margaret). Today the tree men came out to fell what remained. This always provides fantastic entertainment for the children--I only wish it were free entertainment but, lo, it is not.

View of the action from the bonus room window

Margaret watching from the safety of my lap in the garage: ears protected from the noise!

Just the first branches falling: there was so, so much more after this!

The bright side (ha ha, pun intended) to losing such a large tree is that perhaps it will open up that part of the yard to sun and I can plant some sun-loving plants, of which I have so few on our property.

No comments:

Post a Comment