Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Joseph Has a Big Noggin

Joseph had his first well-baby check since birth. It really wasn't my fault! One of the nurse practitioners at our pediatrician's office is deployed in the Reserves, so the office is short-staffed, making the wait for well child checks a long one.

Smiling at his brother's antics

At 4-1/2 months, Joseph is almost sitting up tripod-style on his own, needing my hand for a little balance.


Joseph weighs just a smidgen shy of 16 lbs, putting him in the 46th percentile for weight and 68th percentile for height.


Turns out he is in the 91st percentile for head size--who knew?!

Margaret had her two-year well-child check at the same time and she is in the 99th percentile for height! I had no idea and she does not strike me as tall for her age at all. Looking at the number more closely on the paperwork given to me at the doctor's office, I think there was a clerical error. The paper says Margaret is 46.5 inches, which does not make sense because that is 3.8 feet tall. Nor does 46.5 centimeters make sense because that is only 1.5 feet tall. So, must be an error!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I took my 2 to see K.S., NP, for their well-child visits on Monday. It's a great practice, and I was relieved to hear that the reason they are so booked up is because of M's deployment. Maybe it won't always be so hard to get appointments? But I did talk to K.S. about our trouble finding a suitable mainstream pediatrician for Martin (since they prefer not to handle kids with extreme medical issues like his). It's a sad challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was just in there for well visits this week as well. I didn't realize that they were so booked.

    ReplyDelete