Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Topping Seven Pounds!

'I am three weeks old and I am now 7 lbs even! Today, Mama put me in the baby swing for the first time. I tolerated it for about 15 minutes before informing her that her arms or her sling are really where I need to be. Our in-arms arrangement has worked for me almost every moment since I was born and I don't see why else God gave Mama arms if not to hold me.'

On a related note from Mama: One more reason why I value the professionals we pick to work with our children . . .

#1

The pediatrician at our well-baby check when he was asking his litany of invasive government spy data-collection questions: "Where does Joseph sleep: bassinet or crib?"

Mama: "Ummm . . . in my arms."

Pediatrician, smiling slyly: "That's awesome."

#2

Speech Language Pathologist (helping us with nursing), having to ask the same question:

Mama: "He sleeps on my chest."

SLP, after getting over being startled, gave me an entire talk about how good that was for babies and the myriad ways in which Joseph would benefit physically (including his oral anatomy).

No comments:

Post a Comment