Sunday, February 10, 2013

Apparently Too Tired

 Margaret (22 months), Mary (4), and Joseph (3-1/2 weeks)


Today I went back to Mass for the first time, but I think it might have been too soon. Chris and I split Masses because I just couldn't get the family ready in time for an eight o'clock Mass with Joseph's routine added in yet. Chris and John went to the early Mass and I was exhausted before even meeting them there for the next Mass. (Chris later astutely asked why I hadn't recognized my fatigue and decided to stay home!) Chris drove the three children home and I attended Mass with Joseph--although "attended" might be too strong of a word considering that I promptly fell asleep in my seat surrounded on all sides by parishioners--who were apparently polite enough or sympathetic of me not to wake me! Add in that I had to sit in the car feeding Joseph for 30 minutes after Mass (because he takes so long) and then he cried for the whole drive home and I think it might have been precipitous that I tried such a "big" adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Aww poor you. Although, I think you are not the only parishioner who fell asleep during masses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katherine, don't feel so bad! I was amazed to even see you there yeaterday! I believe Amelia was 5-6 weeks before I could make it back. And I wasn't even adding in a pumping routine! It's all okay--it takes time for things to feel more normal after having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo of Joseph looking at Big Sis Mary! So sweet!!! How nice and and round his cheeks are looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. I am sorry your sleep is so trashed, you poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari: Is that right? Somehow I thought you came back right away--and I was comparing myself to you and feeling bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine,
    I remember Josh wanting me to go to Mass around the 3-4 week timeframe, so I did that one Sunday, but ended up feeling so out of it that when I got home I proclaimed I am taking my baby leave for a few more weeks! I remember feeling a bit more like myself a few weeks later. And it helped tremendously to have Josh watch Caleb during my first few Masses back too. :-)

    ReplyDelete