Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gratitude

I am so grateful to all the help I am getting during my "babymoon." Right now, most of my time has to go toward getting nursing well-established in the face of some difficulties causing too fast of weight loss (Joseph's, not mine--too bad!).

I am thankful to my husband's employer which this year increased its paternity leave benefit from one to two weeks. I am thankful for my husband who truly shines as a caregiver when I have a baby. (Will our stairway carpets become threadbare from all the running up-and-down he is doing so I can stay in the bedroom?) I am thankful for my stepfather who gave us the huge gift of flying out my aunt to take care of us. I am thankful for my aunt who rearranged her work schedule to be here and also is doing 110% to take care of us. One might not think it would take two adults to take care of the house in my absence, but it sure does and they are keeping very, very busy. And I am thankful for my dear friends and fellow parishioners are bringing us (delicious!) meals.





5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about Joseph's weight loss, but everything else you mentioned is WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you're aunt is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your stepfather! Praying Joseph starts packing on the pounds soon! Keep us updated, and thanks for the photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Chris & Aunt Erica! And once again- she looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a fat, chubby baby!!! Didn't you have the opposite problem with Margaret (or Mary) that they were gaining to much to quickly. I hope and pray that everything works itself out really soon. By the way... he is absolutely precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to have your aunt on hand! Such lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete