Saturday, December 1, 2012

Catholic Schoolhouse Advent Performance 2012


Catholic Schoolhouse in our city hosted its Advent Performance to showcase what the children have learned in the first half of the year. I was surprised how excited I was about this little milestone.


The choir singing "Tantum Ergo" 

Mary at four is technically in the nursery (not in a class), but she always starts the day with us in choir before I drop her off at nursery. She practices the songs at home daily with John, has the songs memorized, and very much wanted to perform. The choir director was sweet about letting younger siblings perform who wanted to do so.

 
 John's class (1st-2d grade) reciting the Bread of Life discourse (John 6)

John 6:47-51: "In all truth, I tell you, everyone who believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate manna in the desert and they are dead; but this is the bread which comes down from heaven, so that a person may eat it and not die. I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will life for ever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world."


 

The choir singing "Who Built the Ark?" (I have got to get on video our home practice session of this song because even Margaret at 20 months enthusiastically performs all the hand motions!)

 

 John's class (1st-2d grade) playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on recorder



 

The choir singing "For the Beauty of the Earth," John and Mary holding up their picture of stars.

1 comment: