Monday, November 12, 2012

Mary's 4th Birthday Celebration

We enjoyed a sweet celebration of Mary's birthday one day early--A Sunday afternoon of the most gorgeous weather spent with Mary's grandparents and friends who have four same-aged children as ours. The children played outside and ate their dinner on the picnic table on the lawn, it was so pleasant, even in November.


Opening the pink finger-knitted chain that her brother knitted just for her!



I have finally conceded that neither of our children like to eat actual cake (only the frosting!), so I should stop making or buying actual cakes. Mary picked out this ice cream cake (including the pink design) and even ate it. If I had been willing simply to scoop ice cream into bowls and dump some frosting on top, we could have saved some money.




Then Mary began her actual birth day by attending with Daddy the Mass which was intentioned for her.

5 comments:

  1. Ice cream cake is one of my favorites too! Looks like she had a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mary!! I always, for some reason, think of Ben closer in age to John, but I guess he is really closer in age to Mary.

    What kind of doll is that that she got?? I looks so sweet and adorable. Like a Holly Hobby?? If you can give me info so I can pass it onto relatives asking what to get Anna!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Mary!
    I love how excited she looks about her brother's sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie: That is one of the dolls made by Kristin's daughters (MKs)! It is a Laura Ingalls doll and I was able to request the color dress I wanted (pink). It's really lovely.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/108700582/custom-made-catholic-soft-body-saint?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=saint+dolls&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Mary!

    I really like the doll too! We have several soft dolls that the girls really enjoy playing with.

    ReplyDelete