Friday, September 14, 2012

Margaret at 17 Months Old



Video of Margaret trying to say "Mary," which she can newly say, but I think she's just saying "Mommy" on this video!

Margaret at 17 months doesn't say as much as did her brother and sister at this age. (Miss Mary was speaking 35 words and making 27 signs by 16-1/2 months, and speaking in full sentences by 18 months!) Margaret has great receptive understanding and follows instructions. Also she does plenty of interesting little independent actions, like daily (without asking) going into the paper drawer, selecting a paper, climbing onto the shelf, selecting a pen, setting it up at the table, climbing into her high chair, and proceeding to scribble on the paper without writing on the table.


Words she says:
"And me!" (screamed repeatedly every time she sees her brother and sister lining up to receive something, even if she doesn't know what they're receiving)
ball
Brops (name for brother)
bye
Dada
hello
hi
Mary
meow (sound cat makes)
"Mine!"
moo (sound cow makes)
Mommy
"Nah!" ('no')
turtle
uh-oh
yum


Signs she makes:
ALL DONE
BYE
DIAPER
EAT
MUSIC
OUCHIE
PLEASE
POTTY
WATER
WHERE

2 comments:

  1. oh, I love "and me!".... that's really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And me!" is my favorite. It goes like, "And me! And me! And me!" while she shoves her way into the crowd.

    ReplyDelete