Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of Faith Formation

There is something heartwarming to a parent about her firstborn going to CCD class for the first time! (At our parish, it's called Faith Formation, I don't know why it's not referred to as CCD.) And, of course, we're doing catechism at home four or five days a week (currently using Chats with God's Little Ones).



The curriculum used at our parish is a combination of Faith & Life and The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, and I've read excellent things about both of those. I know personally three of the teachers who will be teaching John's class and feel so good about them.

Above is a Mass worksheet that apparently the children will be given each week. John doesn't have the reading skills to do it all by himself, but I found that if I sit down with him and the missal and I read him the readings while teaching him how to follow a missal, he can answer the questions himself.

4 comments:

  1. I was going to say, how does that work with it being a worksheet themed for 7-10 year olds and if I'm thinking right John is 5 or 6, lol... Makes sense with you helping it would go a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very exciting! Iook forward to reading more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for John! Gabriela started Faith Formation as well this past weekend. I haven't started my at home Catechism because the books got lost in the mail, phooey! I have to order another but I'm so annoyed I haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! My oldest just started CCD this last week. He was so nervous, but now he is so excited and asking everyday to do his CCD homework. Which was a bunch of coloring sheets for the Kindergarten class.

    ReplyDelete