Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feast of the Assumption 2012

Our sweet John on his way to Mass with Daddy . . . I went to Mass later so that for once I didn't have to stand in the narthex with the baby. Yay! 

We made a Marian triptych celebrating her immaculate conception, her assumption into heaven, and her queenship of heaven (directions here). 



We baked white cupcakes and decorated them white and blue frosting. Why yes, that is a box of conventional cupcake mix and containers of pre-made, chemical-mix frosting . . . I do the best I can and sometimes that best is less than on other days!


3 comments:

  1. Yum! I got to attend mass solo as well ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love your self deprecating jab about the box mix.

    I personally read a blurb out of a rosary book to the kids on the Assumption and took them to 7:30 mass alone... can't believe all you accomplished for the feast day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the triptych idea! I was going to try for 7 am mass, but that didn't happen. I managed the 12 pm. And I think its great that you did cupcakes, no matter if they are out of a box!

    ReplyDelete