Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Precious Moment

The last few days have been challenging in Mommy Land with Chris away on travel (he's home now), so an exchange tonight made me jubilant.

You see, the kids are currently increasingly freed from the slavery of "screen time," such that we are letting them watch only 30 minutes of TV three days per week and play 30 minutes of computer games two days per week. But they can lose minutes of screen time for misbehaving.

So, today was a day of computer games, for which John used to beg (and I'm sure he still does at times). I was setting him up to play when he said, "Mama, can I help you cook dinner instead of playing computer games? I love helping you cook."

Well, I can tell you that despite how much I enjoy cooking in peace without "helpers," there was no way on God's green earth I was going to tell my boy 'no' to his request. So, he helped!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Katherine :-) I have a hard time letting the kids help me in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete