Wednesday, December 7, 2011

One Hundred Pounds

Today I cannot use my sink because of some kitchen repair. The kids were going stir crazy because of the rain outside, so I decided to take us to the library and to lunch at a drive-through to brighten our spirits.

As we sat in the parking lot of the fast food joint, eating our food in the van, John and Mary began arguing about his new booster seat, Mary determined that she was not too young to use one. We explained that she had to weigh 40 pounds to sit in a booster.

John asked who would weigh 2-1/2 pounds and I said that would be a baby in his mama's womb. Too small for a booster.

He asked, "What about someone who weighs 100 pounds?" (as if this were the biggest number he could imagine).

"They would be so big they wouldn't need a booster anymore."

"Mama, do you weigh 100 pounds?"

Long pause as I think how to answer this. "Yes."

In awed tone: "Wow."

3 comments: