Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chickpea Cutlets

I'd like to recommend a recipe I was given for Chickpea Cutlets: a change of pace for vegetarians and vegans, for Catholics abstaining from meat on Fridays, or for health-conscious folks.

Mary and Margaret absolutely love the chickpea cutlets, I quite enjoy them as an alternative to the same-old soy products, and even Chris (who does not much care for vegetarian substitutes) said they were good enough that he'd eat them on a Friday.

Please visit Post Punk Kitchen for the recipe and wonderful photos. I make a batch about once a week and the cutlets keep great in the refrigerator all week. I use a cutlet as a substitute for meat if I'm making Chris any kind of cut of meat, or I'll slice it up in a fajita, chop it up on a salad, or eat it plain.

I calculated the nutrition as well: 175 calories each and 21 g protein (accounting for 8 cutlets per batch).

2 comments:

  1. Link, please! I'm very curious to see what these look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances: Sorry! I forget to include the link, but have now added it to the post.

    ReplyDelete