Monday, November 7, 2011

Soldier Versus Pink Cat

On our way home from Costco this morning, I had to bite my lip to prevent from laughing out loud at my children's boy-girl differences. The conversation from the backseat was about a book that John is planning to create out of a piece of folded cardboard he found. We're going to insert some white sheets of paper and affix them in a binding, thus giving him a book in which to draw a story.

John: "Mary, what is something you do not like?"

Mary: "Hhhhmmm. I don't like cheetahs."

John: "Okay, then, I am going to draw cheetahs in my book so that you will not want to look at it."

Mary: "Noooooo!"

John: "And what else do you not like?"

Mary (falling for it again): "I don't like bears."

John: "I'm also going to draw bears in my book so that you will not want to look at it."

Mary: "Noooooo!"

John: "And what else do you not like?"

Mary (falling for it yet again): "I don't like soldiers."

John: "I'm also going to draw soldiers in my book so that you will not look at it."

Mary: "Noooooo!"

John: "Yes, I am. I'm going to draw cheetahs, bears, and soldiers in my book!"

Mary: "Well, I am going to make a book too and I am going to draw a pink cat in it so you won't want to look at it!"

Bonus Reading

"What I'm Never Going to Tell You"

"Six Strategies for Sibling Rivalry"

4 comments: