Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preparation and Pies

Mathematics: Traveling with three children under five > (greater work than) Hosting Thanksgiving, ergo, we are hosting Thanksgiving this year! It will be a small affair, but we sure are looking forward to it and I'm getting out much of my grandmother's beautiful table decorations that I have inherited because they are doing nobody any good living stored away in cabinets for all these years because I am too afraid to use them!

Yesterday the children and I baked pies and they were truly useful helpers. We had such a peaceful time. Above, John is explaining what to do.



After dinner, Daddy surprised us by taking us to an old-fashioned diner for dessert to celebrate a really excellent day John had with a virtue we've been working on improving.

Napkins donned, ready to eat!

Bonus Reading: Auntie Leila has written another humorous piece that is full of real wisdom, this one about preparing for Thanksgiving when you are a mother of perhaps a large family, one with many littles in it.

2 comments:

  1. The kids look like great helpers and you house looks really clean! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica: While I do work hard to keep the house clean, I give full "props" to my housecleaners who were just here the day before that photo was taken. :) So, thank you, dear husband, for that!

    ReplyDelete