Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sitting on the Ground


Yesterday we were enjoying the exquisite fall weather in the back yard, with me reading a book and the kids climbing trees, when I set the baby down on the ground. Then I realized it was her first time ever sitting on the earth. 'Oh, that's a little milestone! I will take a picture!' Click.

Of course, ten seconds later was her first milestone of trying to eat a stick (see that stick in her right hand?). Following was my scooping out of her mouth leaves and sticks about 97 times in a row before I decided I would just hold her in my lap so I could enjoy my book rather than continue on with the baby sampling nature's bounty.

I thought it fascinating that every scoop of food Margaret has been fed leads to this facial expression, but she never once made a disconcerting face the 97 times she tasted dirt, leaves, sticks, and wood chips. Go figure.

3 comments:

  1. that second face looks exactly like chris! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Margaret had that same jumper in a birth to three size. She is way beyond Malcolm in her physical ability! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same experience! Baby Brother (one in two weeks!) isn't interested in food yet (baby-led weaning), but he'll happily munch sticks, dirt, and sand. Love those babies!

    ReplyDelete