Saturday, September 10, 2011

Margaret's Latest


Last weekend we were visited by the grandparents (Chris' parents) and the godmommy (above--in a first-time occurrence of Margaret falling asleep in the arms of someone other than Mama!). We had a great few days!

Chris had been out of town for most of the week and remarked that Margaret has been rapidly changing recently. She now sits tripod-style and is extremely "grabby." It is hard for me to eat meals with her on my lap or to read books to the children with her on my lap. She grabs everything, coordinating both her arms.

She also "talks" up a storm and so loudly--sometimes she shrieks joyfully with such volume that my ears ring! The last few weeks I have not been able to stay in Mass because Margaret's cheerful noises are so loud and persistent. Thus begins the next 12 to 18 months which I will probably spend standing and holding a baby/toddler in the narthex during Mass (as I don't tend to use the cry room because I want my babies to tolerate staying on my lap or in my arms instead of playing on the floor during Mass).

Margaret has been pretty clingy lately, actually insisting on riding around in my sling at home--when she's not really been a "sling baby." She has always preferred to sit loosely in my arms, but the last couple of weeks, she's been fussy, drooling, rubbing, and wanting to be in the sling, so I watch daily for a tooth to appear.

Lastly, Margaret has discovered her toes and now spends much time concentrating with all her might to catch her own toes and suck on them.

Saturday morning as Chris and I planned our weekend, I asked if he would mind if I shop at Trader Joe's (where I visit every four to six weeks to stock up on their specialties) with only Baby #3 because I could really use a break. Chris laughed at what I now consider a leisurely mommy's morning out because he reminded me of times I came home from the grocery store with Baby #1 in tears because I couldn't figure out how to manage a cart, groceries, loading and unloading, and a baby. Now I'm running out the door gleefully to grocery shop with only the baby! And who knows (God knows) what I will consider a vacation a few years from now.

Bonus picture of John, who created a crown out of pipe cleaners with a handy strap across the top so it would stay in place on his head

No comments:

Post a Comment